Guide to different Visas and Work Permits in Singapore
A special visa for people looking to start a business in Singapore.
Permanent Resident Visa
- Permanent Residents of Singapore are eligible for a number of benefits including lower educational fees, lower fees at public clinics, and the option to purchase public housing.
- Expats can apply for permanent residency in Singapore under the Professionals/Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers Scheme (PTS) as soon as they acquire their work pass.
- With the Global Investor Programme, investors and entrepreneurs can also apply
Work Permit Visa
- Work permits in Singapore are determined mostly by your monthly salary.
- Employment Passes are for expats in managerial or executive positions, as well as foreign applicants working in specialized jobs.
- Your future employer or a sponsor is usually responsible for submitting your Employment Pass application.